Thank you for your interest in a career at Oscilla Power. For further details on listed positions or to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should provide a minimum of a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
We are always interested in hearing from talented, educated, experienced, and passionate people who might want to join our team. If you have a desire to be involved in a fast-paced company, we invite you to contact us, tell us about yourself, your experiences, education, and directional drive.
Our offices are located in Seattle near the Fisherman’s Terminal. Oscilla Power is an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Seattle-based Oscilla Power, Inc. (OPI) is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join a small but growing team working on the commercialization of marine renewable energy. OPI is currently executing a number of US Department of Energy funded projects aimed at demonstrating and validating its ocean wave energy technology.
We are looking for a team member who is passionate not only about engineering and renewable energy, but also someone who is interested in solving the complex electrical engineering challenges related to marine energy. This position will involve leading the development of the electrical systems for OPI’s wave energy systems. This is a research and development position and will involve both the development of innovative concepts from scratch and also the further development into detailed schematics and test-bench prototypes.
Oscilla Power’s systems involve the conversion of physical motion to grid compatible power and thus the successful applicant will have demonstrated experience with similar electrical applications. They will be expected to work within a small team and manage their own day to day activities towards specific design objectives. A positive attitude to proactively identify challenges and develop elegant, innovative solutions that can make a substantive impact on the cost and performance is a must.
Expected skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering is required; Master’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience is requested, less is acceptable with a higher degree.
- Proven ability to take a concept from a minimal sketch to a realized system.
- Experience with motion control systems and/or power generation equipment.
- System and component simulation experience is expected. Oscilla works with Matlab Simulink and some knowledge of this, or a strong willingness to learn, is required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential.
- Oscilla is using primarily Siemens components within its drivetrain and so experience with SINAMICS systems and Siemens STARTER commissioning software would be an advantage.
- Some experience in electronic systems and instrumentation would be helpful.
- Professional Engineering certification is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience working on systems for the marine environment would be advantageous, but not required.
The applicant is expected to work a minimum of 40 hrs/week, primarily out of OPI’s office in Seattle, WA. OPI has a competitive benefits package and dynamic working environment. Salary and stock options will be commensurate with experience. For further details or to apply, please contact us at email@example.com. Applicants should provide a minimum of a cover letter and a 2 page resume.
Oscilla Power Inc. (OPI) is seeking a part-time Staff Attorney to work on intellectual property issues and commercial transactions.
The IP attorney will primarily work on structuring and drafting patent and trademark applications, as well as intellectual property related legal agreements. This is an excellent opportunity for self-motivated and entrepreneurial individuals with a strong interest in helping to build a growing company. A technical or science background is beneficial, but not required.
Candidates must have experience in patent and trademark drafting and prosecution. Superior academic credentials, excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills also required. Candidates with business experience and/or an MBA would be preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
- Attorney: 12-15 years (Required)
- Patent, trademark drafting and prosecution experience – 12-15 years (Required)
For further details or to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should provide a minimum of a cover letter and a 2-page resume.